Sunday, May 31, 2009

I need to learn to like coffee, teething and Bham trip

Friday James decided to get up at 3:30am, and not our normal 4-4:30am and since I had to go to work I decided it was best if I just stayed up and went in early. So, I get to work at 6am and surprisingly I’m not the only car in the parking lot…besides the security guard there are 3 other cars. Either these people also has little early risers or they are plum crazy. I think they are plum crazy…a friend once described our work place like this: “Its like a bowl of granola. What’s not fruit and nuts is flakes”…I’m still trying to decide which one I am. Well after a 7am granola bar and bottle of water I’m still dozing off and hungry (I’ve already had a bowl of oatmeal at home at 5am). Then a co worker comes to the rescue, BROWNIES with pecans…yummy. So after the brownie I’m still dozing off…I need to learn to like coffee. The other day I was in a store and saw chocolate covered espresso coffee beans…I bet just a few of those and I’d be wired the rest of the day and night and following day.





We think JM is starting teething. He’s been drooling and gnawing his hand lately, and we can feel a few bumps on his gums. I never would have thought to check, but thanks to C who watches JM, he noticed the teething signs. It’s nice to have friends who have been there and done that with baby boys. I bought one of those teething rings that goes in the fridge. Its got little bumps all over it. It seems like it would hurt more than help, but I’m no teething expert. As of right now JM really doesn’t like it but I think it’s more the cold he doesn’t like. Oh and he really doesn’t like that taste of the Cherry flavored Baby Oragel…apparently he prefers the Tutti Frutti flavor C gives him.

We spent last Friday night in Bham for my mom’s surprise bday party at Nabeels. She had no clue (or so she says). Loads of fun, yummy food and great friends I think everyone had a blast. We got to show our friend T all of our baby gadgets that she needs before their little angel comes in July. Who knew you’d need so many things for a baby ;)

We also got to eat at Super Sam’s Samwiches in Homewood. I wish we had one up here in north Alabama.

J got the soft top on our Jeep Sunday, so once we get the back seat bolted down we can take JM for short rides in the Jeep. We won’t be doing any rock crawling just yet, we have to get a roll cage and JM has to wait until he’s a little older.

No comments:

Post a Comment